Last weekend Salice Vivo (a very active association, based in Urbino, devoted to the study and development of basket weaving and all weaving arts) organized a beautiful event in Piazza San Francesco in Urbino with basket weavers (and other weaving artisans) from all over Italy (and Catalunya).
The beautiful square was liven up by the display of beautiful woven pieces, the artisans working and sharing their skills between each other and with passers by and tourists, short workshops for adults and kids alike regarding various weaving techniques and the chit-chat of the happy weavers.
I’ll leave you with some photos (thank you Betta from Salice Vivo and Arte dell’intreccio for the pics!) of the event and if you’re interested in the future editions (we really look forward to future editions…. ;) ) like Valle Nuova FB page where I’ll post the dates.
- salicevivo – baskets (Le Marche)
- david & andreina dell’arte dell’intreccio – baskets (Umbria)
- silvia onofri – baskets (Sicily)
- francesco perticone – baskets (Sicily)
- josep mercader & magda – baskets (Catalunya, Spain)
- noa & family (Umbria)
- bianca maria tomei – baskets (Latium)
- francesco di nicola & vittoria – baskets (Latium)
- nicola solimano & gabriela – baskets (Latium)
- enrico et – chair caning (Campania)
- caio il cestaio & elis – baskets (Veneto)
- andrea perrotta – baskets (Calabria)
- carla & teresa “carta e oltre” – paper weaving (Latium)
- il merletto dei ricordi – tombolo (Le Marche)
- la pao il mercatino – crochet & more (Le Marche)